In January 2020, Paltrow’s wellness company Goop started selling a candle called “This Smells Like My Vagina.” After winning the candle in an online quiz, Jody Thompson from the UK was taken by surprise when the candle exploded after she lit it.
She was, fortunately, able to throw the candle out of the front door before it caused too much damage.
Jody Thompson, a 50-year-old woman in the United Kingdom, said she lit her “This Smells Like My Vagina” candle, and claimed that it caused a huge fire. A flame allegedly jumped out of the glass jar that the candle was housed in and started a blaze in the living room.
“The candle exploded and emitted huge flames, with bits flying everywhere,” Thompson alleged. “I’ve never seen anything like it. The whole thing was ablaze and it was too hot to touch. There was an inferno in the room.” Sounds fishy.
“We eventually got it under control and threw it out the front door,” Thompson told The Sun.