Home-made nut butters are the absolute bomb! Ready in minutes, gluten-free, Paleo and vegan, they are the perfectly healthy alternative to shop-bought peanut butter.
1 cup nuts of choice,
1 pinch pink Himalayan salt,
1 date (optional),
1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180c and place choice of nuts in a baking tray.
2. Sprinkle on the salt before placing the tray in the oven for a few minutes until browned.
3. Add the nuts into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. (This will take a while and several goes!)
4. Once smooth, add the date and extract, if needed.
6. The blending process is quite tedious in that it takes a while.
7. If you do not have a vitamix, you will have to stop blending every so often to scrape the butter off the sides before blending again. Repeat this until the nuts are completely smooth and resembles peanut butter.
8. After this, you can add the date/agave and vanilla extract if wanted.