1. Fill a large bowl with very hot tap water and add the noodles. Let them soak about 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, green pepper, and mushroom. Sauté until tender. Add garlic and sauté an additional minute. Add sausage and cook, crumbling the meat as you do, until it is no longer pink.
3. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, half the parsley, the basil, 1-1/2 teaspoons salt. Simmer, uncovered, over medium to low heat for 15 minutes.
4. In medium bowl, combine cheeses, remaining parsley, salt and pepper, set aside.
5. Ladle 1/3 of the sauce in the bottom of a greased 9×13 baking dish, spreading it evenly over the bottom. Add in layers, half the noodles, half the cheese mixture and 1/3 of the sauce. Repeat with remaining ingredients and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes, until sauce is bubbling. Let rest 5 minutes and serve.