This is a great way to have “take out” without the cost.
2 cups uncooked rice – plus a dash of turmeric in the water
1 inch piece of fresh ginger – chopped fine
3 eggs – slightly beaten
2 stalks celery – chopped
2 carrots – sliced thin
4 cloves of garlic – chopped
½ red onion – sliced thin
1 cup frozen peas
1 grilled jalapeño – chopped
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tsp. sesame oil
1 tablespoon fish sauce
Drizzle of olive oil
1. Cook the rice as directed or in a rice cooker with a dash of turmeric in the water.
2. Heat a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Pour in eggs, pushing them with a flat metal spatula to keep from sticking. Cook just until set and no longer runny. Set aside.
3. Add one teaspoon of sesame oil and a drizzle of olive oil to the frying pan. Add the ginger and garlic and sauté until the garlic is fragrant. Add the rest of the veggies and continue to sauté until the onion is soft. Add the salt and pepper.
4. Stir in the eggs with a fork.
5. Combine the soy sauce with the remaining teaspoon of sesame oil and the fish sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
6. Add the rice and pour the soy sauce combination over the rice and gently toss.