Adobo, Garlic Barbecued Shrimp
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
‘o sole mio
the flip-flop-hot-dog days in june and july that spin us around the solstice make up my favorite part of the year. when the sun hovers at 23º 26′ 17″ north, these happiest of days stretch out long and lazy like a hammock strung between two trees. jim and i linger under the ceiling fans that circle bogus-breezes through our rooms, we eat smoky-sticky barbecued dishes hot off the grill, and float off for a nap under the leafy canopy of shade that loafs across our pool.
che bella cosa e’ na jurnata ‘e sole–
what a beautiful thing is a sunny day.
dried chilies can be hot or mild, fruity, spicy, and smoky.
to reconstitute: cover them in water in a small sauce pan and bring it to a boil. allow them to cool in their own liquid. remove the stems and seeds–chop or mince.
medium • 20-30 sized shrimp
tablespoon • several of brown sugar
• 2 ancho chilies, reconstituted and minced
• 2-3 large cloves of garlic, minced
• 5-7 slices of roasted tomatoes, finely chopped
tablespoon • 3-4 of lemon juice
cup • ⅓ to ½ of olive oil
• kosher salt and cracked pepper
cup • ⅓ of white wine or vegetable broth
1. Light a fire in the grill
2. Mix all of the ingredient together in a medium bowl.
3. Toss the shrimp to coat it well, and allow it to marinate about 20 minutes.
4. Skewer the shrimp and set aside.
5. Put the remaining marinade into a saucepan on a medium flame.
6. Add the wine or broth and stir with a whisk to reduce and thicken.
7. Grill the shrimp until it is opaque.
8. Process the sauce in a blender and spoon some on a plate.
9. To serve, set the shrimp on the sauce and garnish with fresh herbs
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.