Loco Moco Burger
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
This is no ordinary burger. Take one bite of this satisfying, deeply flavored version of the Hawaiian classic and you’ll want it in your regular recipe rotation. This version is topped with creamy, high-fiber avocado and delicious diced beetroot.
For the cauliflower rice
0.5 head of cauliflower (300 g), food processed into small pieces
1 Tablespoon of coconut oil (15 ml)
Salt to taste
For the Loco Moco
0.5 lb of ground beef (225 g)
1 Tablespoon of onion powder (7 g)
1 Tablespoon of garlic powder (10 g)
Sea salt, to taste
2 Tablespoons (30 ml) coconut oil, plus more if needed
1 onion (110 ml), peeled and sliced
15 white button mushrooms (150 g)
2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
2 Tablespoons (16 g) arrowroot powder
1 cup (240 ml) beef broth
1/2 large avocado (100 g), sliced
3 oz pickled beetroot, diced small (80 g) or 1 small beet boiled and peeled
2 Tablespoons (2 g) parsley, to garnish
1. After blitzing the cauliflower florets, place in a pan with the coconut oil and cook over a moderate heat for 8-12 minutes until cooked through, but not completely soft. Season with sea salt and set aside to keep warm.
2. Combine the ground beef, onion powder, garlic powder and salt and form into two burger patty shapes. Heat the coconut oil in a pan and cook the patties on both sides until cooked to your liking. Remove and set aside to keep warm.
3. Use the same pan and add a dash of coconut oil (if needed) and cook the onions over a moderate heat until softened. Add the garlic and mushrooms and increase the heat slightly to caramelize the mixture.
4. Pour most of the beef broth into the pan. Reserve 1/4 cup of the broth and whisk with the arrowroot powder. When the mixture in the pan has reduced a bit, add in the arrowroot mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes more to reduce to a thick gravy.
5. In the meantime, peel and slice the avocado and dice the beetroot.
6. Serve the burger patty over the cauliflower rice (on which you have spooned the gravy) and top with the sliced avocado and diced beetroot.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.