Alaska pollack fish cakes
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
Delicious fish cakes ideal for lunch or supper. Make it the day before up to step 6, then proceed the next day. Saves time!
400g Alaska pollack or other white fish fillets (fresh or thawed)
½ -1 cup water
1 tbs lemon juice
A splash of white wine
½ tsp olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, pressed
Mash (puree) from 4 small or 2 large potatoes
1 egg yolk
1 small red pepper, finely chopped or 1-2 tbs crushed dry pepperoncini
2 tbs parsley, chopped
1 ½ tsp sea salt
1-2 tsp pepper
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
50-80g butter for cooking
1. Place fish fillets in an ovenproof dish, pour a mixture of water, lemon juice and wine, sprinkle with parsley leaves. Cover with foil suitable for microwave and process 5 minutes on MAX. Drain well and leave to cool. OR
2. Steam fish fillets water, lemon juice, wine and parsley about 7 minutes or until it flakes.
3. Sauté onion and garlic for 2 minutes in olive oil over low heat until translucent (make sure the garlic does not burn). Remove with slotted spoon and place on a paper towel.
4. Mix mashed potatoes, onion, garlic, egg, egg yolk, pepperoncini, parsley, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
5. Gently flake and fold the fish into potato mixture. If mixture is too wet, add homemade bread crumbs until cakes hold together.
6. Roll out the mixture on floured surface to desired thickness (1-2cm) and cut out 10-12 cakes.
7. Fry cakes in hot butter over medium heat, about 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
8. Remove with slotted spoon and place on a paper towel.
9. Serve immediately with a mix of homemade or bought mayonnaise, ketchup and chopped garlic (or other herbs – chives, parsley).
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.