Arbi Masala Recipe
Arbi Leaves Curry Recipe is a mildly spicy and super delicious dish prepared with taro leaves which is healthy and as well as a tasty recipe that everyone loves to eat. People prefer to eat a lunch or as a dinner meal. Arbi or Colocasia is an excellent source of vitamin C and E. It is most popular Indian dish. It goes great with roti, Chapatis or Phulkas. It is the best traditional side dish which is an easy and delightful recipe.
6 Colocasia Leaves, chopped
2 tablespoons Chana Dal
4 tablespoons (1/2 cup) Peanuts
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
3 Green Chilies, slit
Pinch of hing
1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
Few Curry Leaves
1 tablespoon Chili Powder
1 tablespoon Goda Masala
2 tablespoons Besan mixed in water
2 tablespoons Tamarind Pulp
1 1/2 tablespoons Jaggery
1 tablespoon oil
1. Soak Chana Dal & Peanuts for 1/2 hour
2. Steam or Pressure Cook (2 whistles) the Colocasia Leaves (Arbi Patta) & then smash it.
3. Steam the soaked Chana Dal & Peanuts.
4. Season with salt Cooking.
5. In a deep pan heat some oil, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, chilies, hing, turmeric powder, curry leaves and cook them well
6. To this add the steamed peanuts & chana dal and mix it
7. Then add the chili powder and goda masala and mix it again
8. Add the steamed colocasia leaves, besan solution, tamarind pulp, jaggery, water & salt
9. Let this cook for a good 5 mins
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News