Aubergine Teriyaki Sushi
Roll up! Roll up! For these sensational tasting sushi pieces which have been delicately created to give a subtly sweet and satisfying flavour that would be a great lunch option for work.
For the Aubergine:
4 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
4 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tbsp. grated ginger
1 tsp. grated garlic
2 tbsp. sesame oil
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
For the Sushi:
680g/24oz sushi rice
720ml/12fl oz water
60ml/2fl oz rice vinegar
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 tbsp. sesame oil
6 sheets Japanese Nori
1 tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
1. Combine soy sauce, maple syrup, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and pepper in a bowl.
2. Cut each aubergine into thirds length-wise. Poke all over on the cut surface with a fork. Allow to marinate for an hour in the soy mixture
3. Rinse the rice.
4. Combine rice and water in a stockpot and bring to a boil.
5. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes.
6. Grill aubergine slices until fully cooked. About 4-5 minutes per side.
7. Slice grilled aubergine into long strips.
8. In a bowl, combine rice vinegar, maple syrup, sesame oil, and sesame seeds.
9. When rice is fully cooked, fluff and toss in the rice vinegar mixture.
10. Assemble the sushi. Lay a sheet of nori on a bamboo mat. Spread cooked sushi rice evenly on top of Nori. Lay strips of cooked eggplant near one edge. Roll and cut into 8 even slices.
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News