Packed with flavor, this bacon, mushroom, and spinach quiche is sure to please. The firm but creamy, cheesy filling is balanced with a crispy crust. When you add in fresh sautéed vegetables and crispy fried bacon it’s a whole new level of deliciousness.
6 slices bacon
4 oz. mushrooms, chopped
½ medium onion, diced
2 large handfuls fresh spinach
Fresh ground salt and pepper
½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
½ cup shredded Monterey jack, or Italian blend cheese
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup half & half
¼ tsp. creole seasoning
¼ tsp. more salt
Unbaked 10″ pie crust (store bought or homemade)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Cook cut up bacon until crispy in a skillet, then set aside.
3. Sauté mushrooms, onion, and spinach in bacon grease until tender and spinach wilts. Salt and pepper to taste while cooking.
4. Sprinkle bacon, vegetables, and cheese in pie crust.
5. Lightly beat egg.
6. Whisk in cream, half and half, and seasoning. Pour over cheese and vegetables in pie pan.
7. Bake 15 minutes.
8. Reduce heat to 300 degrees F. and bake for 30 more minutes until a knife inserted 1” from the edge comes out clean.
CWEB.com is not registered as an investment adviser with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Rather, CWEB.com relies upon the “publisher’s exclusion” from the definition of investment adviser as provided under Section 202(a)(11) of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and corresponding state securities laws.