Learn how to make Fall-Off-The-Bone BBQ Baby Back Ribs in Instant Pot. Rather than babysitting your favorite ribs for hours, use Pressure Cooker to get it done in less than 1 hour. Using this multi-functional device will not compromise quality of your delicious meal. Also make the final touch with BBQ to caramelize your masterpiece. There is a secret ingredient used in this Pressure Cooker recipe which makes the difference between tender and just OK final result. Here is the trick: use 1 cup of apple juice in the inner pot. Why apple juice? The reason is in the acids which are contained in apple juice or any other acidic baste. Without going into too much technical details, let’s say that it breaks down the fibres in the meat tissue, resulting in more tender meats.
The best recipes for busy families is the motto of our website. With minimum time and ingredients you will make the perfect BBQ Baby Back Ribs in Instant Pot.
1 slab – 5 lbs – Baby Back Ribs
4 tsp salt
2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 cup Apple juice
1 cup BBQ sauce
1. Mix salt, ground black pepper, ground cayenne pepper, garlic and onion powder in a bowl. Remove the membrane from the inner side of the ribs.
2. Rub the ribs on both sides. Cut slab in half if it’s too big for your Instant Pot model.
3. Pour apple juice into Instant Pot. Place the steam rack into the inner pot. Coil ribs into a circle and place vertically on top of the riser in the pot. Close the lid, turn the steam release handle to “sealing” position.
4. Select (Pressure cook) program, set the “Pressure Indicator” to “High Pressure” and then manually adjust time to 25 minutes.
5. It will take a few minutes to heat up and seal the vent. When time is up, open the lid by using quick release i.e. turn the steam release handle to “venting” position.
6. Remove the ribs from Instant Pot and place them on a cutting board. Slather both sides with your favorite BBQ sauce. Pre-heat BBQ to 400°F. Caramelize the ribs for 2-3 minutes on each side, watch carefully, so it doesn’t burn.