Great idea to kick up that suimmer time BBQ with an easy to prepare and almost fool proof recipe.
Long ago I found one little trick to making cordon bleu that’s quite simple. Instead of wrapping the ham and cheese in a butterflied and pounded chicken breast, cut a pocket into the breast and using a piece of very thinly sliced ham that will be large enough to completely envelope the cheese. Wrap it around the cheese and then fold the open ends in so the cheese cannot seep out and insert into the pocket.
1 Chicken breast per person
1 thin slice ham
1 wedge swiss cheese
1. Take each chicken breast and with a boning knife cut a hole in the thick end of the breast and work the knife around to create a pocket in the breast.
2. Cut a piece of cheese approximately ½” X ½” X 2″ from a 8 oz wedge of cheese.
3. Wrap the cheese in the ham and fold over the open ends to create a sealed envelope of ham.
4. Carefully insert the ham & cheese into the pocket you created in the chicken breast.
5. Dust all sides of the chicken breast with chili powder and allow to marinate for 1 – 5 hours in the refrigerator.
6. Just before placing on the grill, brush on, or dip the breast into BBQ sauce and place on the grill on medium heat and cook until done. Times will vary depending on how hot your grill gets.
7. Brush more sauce on as necessary. Once cooked remove from the grill and allow to rest for 5 – 10 minutes, then serve.