BBQ Pork Tortilla Pizza
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
I am often stumped on what to do with leftover meat and I hate throwing out food! Sunday I cooked a big ole dinner for the hubbys birthday which included a huge roasted pork loin. Needless to say we had some leftover pork, so what to do with it… well I checked out what else I had in the fridge that I could try to use up.
Heres what I came up with and it was a HUGE hit with the hubs! Its simple, incredibly fast to throw together and pretty darn inexpensive too! This is a great recipe to use up some leftover meat… roasted chicken or turkey would be perfect too!
approx 1 1/2 – 2 cups roast pork, diced
6 corn tortillas
shredded cheddar cheese
BBQ sauce ( I used Sweet Baby Rays Original)
2 small onions, sliced
cilantro, to garnish
1. Oven at 500 degrees with a pizza stone. If you don’t have a pizza stone, no worries, simply bake on a baking sheet.
2. With your diced meat in a bowl, pour in enough BBQ sauce to just coat. Set it aside.
3. In a small sauté pan, over medium heat, add about a Tbsp of olive oil and sauté the onions until softened and slightly browned.
4. Now to assemble. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the tortillas down. Divide the BBQ pork between the 6 tortillas. Next the onions and finally a good sprinkling of cheddar. You can add a little more BBQ sauce over top if you’d like too!
5. Bake for approx 6-8 minutes, until the tortilla is crisped up and the cheese is good and melted. Garnish with a bit of yummy cilantro and dig in!
6. I served a salad alongside. It was super simple… a can or corn (liquid drained), half a can of black beans (rinsed and drained), half a red bell pepper, one cucumber and then dressed simply with lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and cilantro. YUM!!
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.