Beef Teriyaki Recipe with Sweet Potato Chunks
DESCRIPTION: This delicious beef teriyaki stir-fry recipe has the unconventional addition of sweet potatoes to add some substance.
2 Tablespoons of coconut aminos (30 ml)
1 Tablespoon of applesauce (15 ml)
2 cloves of garlic (6 g), peeled and crushed
2 teaspoons of fresh ginger (3 g), minced
2 beef sirloin steaks (400 g), fat trimmed and sliced
1.5 Tablespoons of olive oil (23 ml)
1 small sweet potato (130 g), peeled and cut into chunks
10 white button mushrooms (100 g), sliced thick
2 green onions (10 g), sliced at an angle
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Whisk the coconut aminos, applesauce, garlic and ginger together in a bowl. Add the sliced sirloin and leave to marinate while you cook the sweet potatoes.
3. Toss the sweet potato chunks in half a tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and spread out on a greased roasting tray. Bake in the oven until softened, approximately 25 minutes.
4. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large wok and add mushrooms, cooking until caramelised. Add the steak and the marinade and fry for 2-3 minutes. Stir in half the spring onions and add the cooked sweet potato chunks.
5. Serve topped with the remaining spring onions.
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News