This is a sweet way to start the day. Enjoy with Love Catherine xo
1 1/3 cups flour
¼ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
4 tbs. brown sugar
Zest and juice of ½ lemon
3 oz. cream cheese
4 tbs. butter
2/3 cup your favorite jam
1. Preheat Oven 350 degrees:
2. Combine in a medium size bowl the flour, baking soda, brown sugar and lemon zest. Set this aside.
3. In a mix-master combine the cream cheese and butter. Mix until smooth. Add the flour mixture and beat on low until the mixture is crumbly. Set aside one cup of this mixture.
4. Butter a 9 x 9 baking pan.
5. Press the remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Bake for about 10-15 minutes.
6. In a small bowl combine the jam with the lemon juice. Carefully spread the jam over the hot crust. Sprinkle with the reserved cup of crumb mixture.
7. Bake 15 – 20 minutes, or until top is slightly golden. Cool and cut into bars.