So nice to eat on a Chilly Afternoon! Hot off the Grill…Steamy Hot!! Made With Soy Mozzarella!! All Vegan!!
1/2 lb broccoli rabe, tough ends discarded
2 shallots, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 (8-to-9-inch) sliced (1/4 inch thick) fine-quality round Italian Loaf
1/3 lb sliced mozzarella
1. Cook broccoli rabe in a 4-quart pot of boiling salted water. (pinch of sea salt) uncovered, until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain well in a colander, then chop.
2. Cook shallots and garlic in 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a 10-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until garlic just begins to turn golden, about 1 minute.
3. Add broccoli rabe and cook, stirring 1 minute.
4. If using Panini or sandwich press according to manufacturer’s instructions until hot. (Alternatively, Heat a well-seasoned ridged grill pan over moderate heat.)
5. Brush 4 center slices of bread on 1 side with remaining l l/2 tablespoons oil. (Reserve remainder of loaf for another use.)
6. Put slices, oiled sides down, on a work surface, then divide half of cheese between 2 slices. Top with all of broccoli rabe mixture, remaining cheese, and remaining 2 bread slices, oiled sides up.
7. Put sandwiches on press, then pull down top onto sandwiches and cook until sandwiches are browned and crisp, 4 to 8 minutes. (Is using grill pan put a heavy pan on top of sandwiches and cook, turning sandwiches over once. Serve Hot and Steaming!! Great!!!