Cajun Chicken over Rice
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
There are still plenty of cuisines that I have not yet played with in the kitchen, Cajun being one of them. I’ve been to a local cajun restaurant, Ragin Cajun in Belmar. Both the hubby and I found it was decent but nothing over the top special. So while on a trip to the grocery store I figured I’d pick up a few things and see what I could come up with. This cajun chicken with peppers and onions in a light cream sauce came out fantastic!!!! The hubby even made a point to say this is great and should be made often!
If you are thinking cajun is too spicy for you, this one really isn’t all that spicy. Its there but its on the tongue not burning down your throat. The cream helps to mellow it out too. Tender chicken, sweet bell peppers and the perfect amount of cajun kick to it!
2 chicken breasts, cut into large dice
1 bell pepper, sliced
1 onion, sliced
5 garlic cloves, sliced
2 1/2 cups light cream
2 Tbsp flour
3 1/2 Tbsp cajun seasoning, divided
1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
salt & pepper
fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
1. Place the large diced chicken into a bowl or small baking dish. In a small bowl mix together the flour and 2 Tbsp of the cajun seasoning. Toss the seasoning with the chicken to coat.
2. In a large saute pan, over medium high heat, add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Brown the chicken on four sides, in batches so the pan isn’t crowded. Remove from pan and set aside, you will finish cooking the chicken in a bit.
3. To the same pan, over medium heat, add a few more drizzles of olive oil if dry. Add in the onion, bell pepper and garlic. Cook until lightly caramelized.
4. To the veggies, stir in 1 1/2 Tbsp cajun seasoning. Add in the cream.
5. Add the chicken back into the pot and allow to simmer for about 12-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. The sauce will thicken slightly. Taste for salt and pepper. Serve overtop a mound of rice and garnish with some chopped parsley! Seriously delicious!!!!!
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.