Winner winner chicken dinner. One pan, one hour, whats not to love?
8 skin on chicken drumsticks
2 teaspoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
kosher salt and black pepper
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
2 large yellow onions, peeled and thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage, plus a few additional whole leaves for garnish
16 ounces (about 1-pound) baby creamer potatoes
1 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Season the chicken with the thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
3. In a large skillet add the olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter and place over medium heat. Add the onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, golden in color and caramelized, about 10 minutes.
4. Add the sage and potatoes and mix well to coat. Reduce the heat to medium. Now mix in the wine and Worcestershire sauce.
5. Arrange the drumsticks over the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the oven and roast for until you begin to see coloration, the chicken is cooked through, and the potatoes are tender, about 40-45 minutes.
6. Serve the chicken with some onions, a little sauce spooned over the top and a few potatoes on the side. Garnish with a few sage leaves.