Cauliflower Pizza Recipe with Pesto
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
DESCRIPTION: Even pizza lovers enjoy mixing it up on occasion. This cauliflower-based pizza provides a jazzy twist on the standard pie, swapping tomato sauce for pesto.
For the pesto
1/3 cup olive oil (80 ml), plus more if necessary
1.5 cups of fresh basil leaves (48 g)
2 cloves of garlic (6 g), peeled
½ lemon zest and juice
Pinch of salt
For the cauliflower pizza base
1/2 head of cauliflower (300 g), food processed into small particles
3 Tablespoons of arrowroot flour (24 g)
½ teaspoon garlic powder (1 g)
½ teaspoon onion powder (1 g)
½ teaspoon dried oregano (1 g)
1 Tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
Salt to taste
2 Tablespoon (30 ml) reserved pesto (optional)
Small amount of thinly sliced red onion (optional)
1. Make the pesto by blitzing the olive oil, basil and garlic with the zest and juice of half a lemon using a food processor. Add a dash more olive oil if you need to. Season with salt to taste. Store in a jar and use for other dishes as well.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
3. Place the blitzed cauliflower into a dish and cook in the microwave, partially covered, on high for 5-6 minutes. Carefully remove and tip the cauliflower onto a clean dish towel or muslin cloth. Allow to cool.
4. Wrap the dishcloth/muslin around the cauliflower and squeeze as much of the moisture out as you possibly can.
5. Tip into a bowl and add the arrowroot, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, olive oil and salt. Combine well until it resembles a ball of dough. Tip onto a tray lined with parchment paper and shape into a round, thin pizza shape. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and spread one or two tablespoons of the pesto and top with some thinly sliced red onions. Serve immediately.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.