Cavatelli with Chicken Sausage and Kale
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
I don’t care how much I want to slim down a bit, I will never ever give up pasta!!! I mean really, if I could i’d eat it everyday! Its so simple and versatile! The flavor combinations are so endless and most pasta dishes can be thrown together in under 30 minutes! This dish not only comes together quickly but is budget friendly too… and if your kiddos are anything like mine then kid approved too!!!
While at the grocery store this weekend I found a new (i think, well I’ve never seen it before) chicken sausage by Premio. I always use this brand for Italian sausage, I love the flavors! As soon as I saw the Cheese & Garlic Chicken Sausage I wanted to use it in some sort of pasta dish. Then I thought, hmm, its been a lonnnggg time since i’ve made cavatelli and to add some good for you hearty greens… lets throw in some kale!
If you haven’t had kale before you should give it a try! Its a very hearty green, it keeps its structure when cooked, it is FULL of fiber and vitamin k, c & a!!! “Beyond antioxidants, the fiber content of cruciferous kale binds bile acids and helps lower blood cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease, especially when kale is cooked instead of raw”(webmd.com).
1 pkg chicken sausage (5 links)
2- 13 oz pkg cavatelli pasta (in the frozen section)
1 small bunch kale, rough chopped
6 cloves garlic, sliced
3 cups vegetable broth
1. In a large pan, over medium high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil. Add the sausage links and brown on each side, about 3 minutes a side. Do not worry if it isn’t cooked through, it will finish cooking in a bit. Remove from the pan and once cooled enough to handle, slice into rounds and set aside.
2. In the same pan, over medium low heat, add another drizzle of olive oil and add the garlic and kale. Once the garlic is lightly golden add in the broth. Simmer for 15 minutes.
3. While that is simmering go ahead and cook the pasta. I cooked mine in the pot of boiling water for only 4 minutes then drain it. I finish cooking it in the pan with the kale and sausage so they absorb the delicious flavors.
4. Once the kale has simmered for 15 minutes go ahead and add the sausage back in and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
5. Toss the cavatelli in and let cook for another 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle some grated pecorino over top and enjoy!
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.