Chardonnay And Herb Fagioli Soup With Chili Chive Croutons
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
Many chefs have a version of a Fagioli soup. Here’s my savory rendition with fresh herbs, white wine, homemade chicken stock, and topped off with fresh baked chili chive croutons.
Plus, a wine taste test…It’s Zin, versus a red blend and chardonnay. Visit my blog to see which one is perfect pairing for this soup! And to see how to make these crunchy homemade croutons! Forget the crackers 🙂
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon dried purple basil
1 teaspoon dried Italian oregano
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
5 stalks celery, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 pinches of salt, or to taste
1/2 cup Chardonnay (or other dry white wine)
1 cup homemade chicken stock (or canned)
2 cans Italian style tomatoes (or 1- 28 ounce can of San Marzano)
1 – 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 cup uncooked multigrain spiral pasta (you can use white but cook time may be less)
1 – 15 ounce can cannellini beans, with liquid
1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
3. Stir continuously to release oils. It only takes about 30 to 60 seconds. Be careful not to let them burn.
6. Once they are tender and translucent pour wine in.
7. Allow to deglaze for 3 or 4 minutes.
8. Dump in stock and stir until it dissolves to a smooth consistency (if using canned just cook for 2 or 3 minutes.)
9. Stir in tomatoes and sauce.
10. Then sprinkle with sugar.
11. Simmer this on low for about 20 minutes.
12. Add pasta and cook approximately 10 minutes, until pasta is tender.
13. Add undrained beans and mix well.
15. Serve with fresh grated Parmesan or Romano cheese.
16. You can also include fresh basil leaves for a garnish if you have any.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.