A gourmet meal on a weeknight with shrimp & sun-dried tomatoes on a bed of cheesy cheddar polenta.
about 1/3 – 18 oz precooked polenta tube
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/4 cup red onions, finely chopped
12-14 large shrimp, shelled
8 sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoon garlic powder
chives, finely chopped (for garnish)
1 lemon juice, freshly squeezed
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook polenta according to the package directions and towards the end add cheddar cheese. Reduce heat and allow cheese to melt slowly then combine them together.
2. In a skillet heat oil over medium heat, sautee onion until translucent then add sun-dried tomatoes allowing it to soften for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add shrimps to the skillet, cook until it is no longer pink.
4. Season it generously with salt, pepper, garlic powder and stir everything together.
5. Remove from heat.
6. In a plate, put polenta then top it with sun-dried tomatoes & shrimp. Drizzle lemon juice.
7. Garnish with chives and serve it warm.