This dish is a great way to stretch a dollar. Serves 8 so share it with your friends or freeze some for later!
2 lbs lean ground beef or turkey
2 med onions chopped
1 garlic clove crushed
1 14 oz jar spaghetti sauce
1 lb can stewed tomatoes
1 can sliced mushrooms
8 oz shell pasta
1/2 lb sliced provolone
1/2 lb sliced mozzarella
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
2. Cook the ground meat in a little oil in a large pan stirring often. Drain fat.
3. Add onions, garlic, spaghetti sauce, stewed tomatoes, & undrained mushrooms. Mix well.
4. Simmer 20 mins or until onions are soft.
5. Cook pasta according to package directons. Drain & rinse with cold water.
6. Pour 1/2 of the shells in deep casserole.
7. Cover with 1/2 meat sauce mixture. Top with provolone.
8. Repeat & end with mozzarella.
9. Cover casserole & bake at 350 for 35-40 min.
10. Remove cover & continue baking until mozzarella melts & browns slightly, about 5 mins more.