Cheesy Queso Fresco Salsa
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
This salsa is one that I’ve made over and over again for parties and family gatherings. I don’t remember where I first got the basic salsa recipe, but I pretty much just combined that with a classic chimichurri mix, which made it my own.
Now, it’s our family salsa recipe,and it’s so good that my sister eats it like gazpacho soup!
4 cups cherry tomatoes (or any small)
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup finely chopped Italian parsley
1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
2 Jalapeño Chiles, de-seeded (if needed) & sliced thin
2 limes, juiced
1 medium jicama, peeled and diced
4 ripe tomatillos, husked, rinsed and diced
1 small red onion, sliced thin
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 pound queso fresco cheese, chopped or crumbled
salt and pepper to taste
2. Put the tomatoes (make sure they are dried) onto a baking sheet, drizzle olive oil and rub all over tomatoes, then add a bit of salt and pepper.
3. Broil until the tomatoes just burst, about 4 or 5 minutes.
4. Remove tomatoes from oven and let them cool.
5. Combine garlic, jalapeno and lime juice into a large bowl, then whisk in vinegar and olive oil.
6. Depending on if you like your salsa chunky or smooth, you can either place ingredients in food processor or mix into same bowl.
7. For the salsa we made in photos, we blended all the broiled tomatoes, as well as half the remaining ingredients in food processor. Then blended in remaining ingredients and the cheese at the end.
8. If you want the salsa chunky, then add all ingredients into bowl and mix by hand. If you like it super smooth and juicy, then blend in food processor (or blender) until you get the consistency you want.
9. Taste and season with salt or pepper if needed.
10. You can eat right away, but it will taste better if given time in fridge. Make sure to cover tightly.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.