Healthy, moist and delicious muffins filled with cherries, dates and walnuts.
2 cups of white whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons Splenda Sweetener, Granulated
1 1/2 cups of 1%% Milk
1 egg, beaten
3 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup dates, chopped
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 cup fresh cherries, pitted and chopped, or 1 (12- ounce) package
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. In a deep mixing bowl, mix milk, egg, and oil.
3. In a separate bowl add in the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients all at once. Stir until dry ingredients are moist but not smooth.
5. Mix in the dates and walnuts.
6. Fold in the cherries.
7. Fill greased muffin pan 2/3 full.
8. Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.
9. Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes, then remove them from the muffin pan and finish cooling on a baking rack.