Chicken Cannelloni aka “Chicky Chicky Can Can!”
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
Chicken Cannelloni: sautéed chicken stuffed with mozzarella & Dijon, finished with scallions & mushrooms in a tomato sauce. Unbelievably easy & delicious.
4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
8 slices mozzarella cheese
6 chopped green onions (4 for cooking, 2 for garnish)
8 ounces mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
one 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 cup dry vermouth
1 1/2 teaspoons salt & pepper
1/2 cup flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons parsley, chopped (plus more for garnish)
1. Pound chicken breasts flat between two pieces of plastic wrap. Cut them in half then sprinkle with salt and pepper, using 1 teaspoon salt & pepper total for all the chicken.
2. Spread a rounded teaspoon of Dijon on one side of each breast, then add a slice of mozzarella on top and roll up (if the cheese is too large for the chicken breast then cut it to fit). Use toothpicks to ensure the chicken stays together while cooking.
3. Dredge the chicken in flour, then heat a saute pan and add olive oil. Turn down to medium-high, then add chicken and saute about two minutes per side (don’t overcrowd the pan; if necessary cook the chicken in batches). Remove chicken from the pan and tent with foil.
4. In the same pan, sauté mushrooms for 4 minutes, then add vermouth. Bring to a simmer then add onions, tomatoes, and parsley. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and paper.
5. Add the chicken back to the sauté pan and simmer covered for about 10 minutes, or until chicken temp reads at least 165.
6. Serve over the pasta of your choice (I use angel hair), and garnish with chopped onions and chopped parsley.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.