Chicken Dijon Mustard
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
We had a fantastic fun filled week-end, and dinner last night was the same: fun. The recipe I prepared is an adaptation from Food & Wine annual cookbook. The blending of the onion, coriander, tarragon, mustard and cream was an explosion of flavors for our palate. We really enjoyed dipping the bread into and could not get enough of it. I served into bowls.
TIP: To insure that the dish will not be too salty, make sure to use a Low Sodium chicken stock, as well as lightly sprinkling salt to the chicken during the cooking process.
1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
1 tablespoons olive oil
8 drumsticks, skin on
½ cup finely chopped onion
3 garlic cloves minced
1 cup chicken broth, low sodium
½ cup white wine
2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
3 tablespoons crème fraiche or sour cream
2 teaspoons chopped tarragon
Salt and Pepper
French crusty bread
1. In a small skillet warm over high heat the coriander seed for a couple of minutes until fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat.
3. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add them to the skillet. Brown them evenly on all sided, about 15 minutes.
4. Add the onions and cook stirring occasionally until soft. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
5. Add the chicken broth, wine and the ground coriander and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over medium- low heat until the chicken is cooked through, around 15 minutes.
6. Transfer the chicken to a platter, cover and keep warm. In a small bowl whisk together the mustard with the crème fraiche and tarragon. Whisk the mixture into the skillet and simmer the sauce over medium low until it thickens. 5 minutes Return the chicken and any liquids to the skillet and turn to coat.
7. Serve the chicken with crusty bread.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.