Tender, buttery chicken breasts in smooth peanut sauce.
100 g smooth peanut butter
200 ml tomato puree
2 tbs soy sauce
2 tbs honey
100 ml fresh orange juice
½ tsp ginger powder
½ tsp curry
400 g chicken breast filets
2 tbs olive oil
Pinch of salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
2 tbs unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
1. Mix peanut butter, tomato puree, soy sauce, honey and orange juice.
2. Add ginger and curry to the sauce mixture.
3. Lightly flatten the filets, season with salt and pepper.
4. Sauté the filets in olive oil 3 minutes on each side until golden.
5. Pour the peanut butter sauce over the meat, reduce the flame, cover and simmer for 30 minutes; stir from time to time and add some water, if necessary.
6. Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley and coarsely ground peanuts, with a side dish of rice.