Chicken Pasta Primavera – Flower Patch Farmgirl Style
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
I know I boss you around all the time, telling you to make this or bake that. But this time, I’m serious. You have to make this. Or else.
And I’m not one of those empty-threat ladies. If you opt not to make this, well, trust me – it won’t be pretty.
Having said that, I’ve often wondered if bullying isn’t my best course of action. Perhaps I should at least make an effort to appeal to your good sense.
Reasons you should make this:
1. It’s a reason to buy Cavatappi pasta. (And pasta is Cheap!)
2. It’s got 6 different kinds of veggies in it.
3. You get to chop 6 different kinds of veggies! (Chopping veggies is my therapy, along with plucking my eyebrows and weeding my garden. I’m always slightly less on-kilter during non-gardening months, for this reason.)
4. Your husband will have thirds.
5. Your babies will eat it.
6. Most important of all – it’s pretty.
Now, since I was so level-headed, I will reward myself with a hearty dose of pushy right here at the end: Buy a wedge of Parmesan cheese and grate it with one of these (you can also use it to zest your lemon). You will experience some sticker shock the first time you pony up for the wedge, but I promise, hand to heart: this wedge will last you ages and ages. And nothing beats the taste, this I can assure you.
12 ounces Cavatappi pasta
2 green onions
4 teaspoons olive oil
3 boneless, skinless chicken-breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
Zest of one lemon
1 or 2 squeezes of fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 clove garlic – chopped
1 pound asparagus – trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium yellow pepper, thinly sliced
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1 cup chopped, fresh basil
1. Boil pasta as directed.
2. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking water.
3. Return pasta and reserved cooking water to pot.
5. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a skillet on medium-high until hot. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
6. Add chicken to skillet and cook 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Transfer chicken to medium bowl; set aside.
7. To same skillet, add remaining 2 teaspoons oil; reduce heat to medium.
8. Add green onions and garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring.
9. Add asparagus and red pepper; cook 6 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
10. Stir in cream, crushed red pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Heat mixture to boiling on medium high.
11. Add halved tomatoes, lemon zest and lemon juice.
12. Cook 1-2 minutes on medium heat, until tomatoes just start to break down.
13. Stir in reserved chicken pieces and remove skillet from heat.
14. Add Parmesan, chicken mixture, and basil to pot with pasta and reserved cooking water.
16. Garnish with more basil and Parmesan, if you’re so inclined.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.