Chicken Piccata and Fettuccine with Lime Sauce
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
We always enjoy having friends over for dinner. Last night was a wonderful evening just of that, friends over, children playing, parents sharing a glass of wine and cooking dinner. As the evening was quite impromptu, we had just lemon- lime pasta with chicken piccata my way.
The original piccata requires lemon juice, however I just had one lemon and therefore used key-limes for the chicken as well as the pasta. The flavor was uplifted with the lime, the pasta was light and fresh. Great alternative considering that lately I have more limes in the house than lemons.
For the Chicken:
Chicken tights, skinless and boneless
4 tablespoons of butter
2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
½ cup sweet Vermouth
2 cups diced tomatoes
1 Tbsp. capers
¼ cup lemon –lime juice
Salt and pepper
For the pasta:
4 limes, juiced
1/3 cup heavy cream
½ cup whole milk
3 tablespoon unsalted butter
½ package (250gr) Fettuccine Pasta by De Cecco
2. In a frying pan put 3 tablespoons butter and cook until melted and starts to bubble. Add the chicken tights and brown nicely on both sides.
3. Add to the pan the sweet vermouth, garlic, the diced tomatoes, the capers, lemon-lime juices, salt and pepper. Scrape any bits of the pan and cook until the sauce start to bind.
4. When the chicken is cooked through, add the remaining butter and swirl.
6. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook the pasta according to package directions. When the pasta is done, drain and put the fettuccine back into the cooking pan.
7. Add the butter, the milk, heavy cream and lemon juice.
8. Stir over medium low heat, stirring constantly until the milk and cream are absorbed .
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.