Chicken Primavera rolled up in crescent rolls and covered with a delicious layer of creamy vegetables, this crescent bake is not your average casserole!
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
1/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
2 cups shredded chicken
1 (10.5-oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup or 1 1/2 cups homemade cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk (or half-and-half)
1 (8-oz) can crescent rolls
1 red bell pepper, diced
8 ounces asparagus, top trimmed and diced
1 cup frozen peas and carrots
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place butter and cream cheese in a medium bowl to soften.
2. Stir mayonnaise into butter and cream cheese mixture until blended. Fold in chicken. Set aside.
3. Combine cream of chicken soup and milk in another medium bowl. Pour 1/2 cup the soup mixture at the bottom of a 13×9-inch baking dish.
4. Unroll and separate crescent rolls on a flat work surface or a large cutting board. Place 1/3 cup chicken mixture on the wide end of each crescent roll, then roll it over the filling; place rolls in the baking dish, seam side down, leaving some room in between each roll. Repeat with the remaining rolls and the chicken mixture.
5. Stir the prepared vegetables in the remaining soup mixture; pour over rolls and top with cheddar cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
6. Remove foil. Bake for 10 more minutes, uncovered, or until the dish is bubbly Serve.