It’s easy to prepare, budget-friendly and great-tasting, so what’s not to love about chicken! We’ve got chicken pastas, bakes, roasts, soups and more.
6 chicken marylands
3 limes, halved
1 cup pearl couscous
1 cup couscous
1/3 cup currants
1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup roughly chopped pistachio kernels
3 red capsicums
3 large red chillies
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 teaspoons dried mint
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
Minted cucumber yoghurt
5 baby cucumbers, thinly sliced
1 cup Greek-style yoghurt
1/2 cup mint sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1• Make Harissa: Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Place capsicum and chillies in a large roasting pan (see note). Drizzle with oil. Turn to coat. Roast for 45 minutes or until black and blistered. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for 10 minutes or until cooled. Remove and discard skin, seeds and membrane from capsicum and chilli. Place in a food processor. Add coriander, cumin, garlic, mint, lemon juice and caraway seeds. Process until a smooth paste forms. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut five 1cm-deep slashes across the top of each maryland. Place in a large roasting pan. Pour 1/2 the harissa over chicken and turn to coat. Place lime halves around chicken. Cover pan with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook pearl couscous in a saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Set aside. Place regular couscous and currants in a heatproof bowl. Pour over 11⁄4 cups boiling water. Cover. Set aside for 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Use a fork to fluff and separate couscous grains. Add pearl couscous, herbs, onion and pistachios.
4. Roast chicken for 40 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
5. Make minted cucumber yoghurt: Place cucumber, yoghurt, mint sauce and lemon juice in a bowl. Stir to combine.
6. Divide couscous and chicken among serving dishes. Serve with minted cucumber yoghurt, charred limes and remaining harissa.