Chicken Soup To Spice Up The Soul
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
Chicken Soup to Spice up the Soul!
Over the weekend, I watched Rick Bayless’s show called “Mexico: One Plate at a Time.” The show featured a number of recipes using lime as an ingredient.
He made a lime chicken soup on the show that inspired me to go into my kitchen and create a similar dish that I will now have as part of my permanent repertoire – it was so good! I admit, I was hesitant about LIME in chicken soup, but it is an amazing flavor you just have to try!
The ingredients I used were items I had on hand. Quick, easy, but satisfying- this spicy 1-pot meal is a great weeknight dinner!
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tortillas, sliced into 1/4″ strips
32 ounces container organic low-sodium chicken stock (I like Wegman’s store brand)
Juice of 2 limes (this juicer is really the best at getting all of the juice out!)
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies and juice
1 can pinto or cannellini beans (rinsed)
1 large onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
1/4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
2 chicken breasts
1. Heat oil in a large pot on the stove one medium-high (the same pot will be used to make the soup later).
2. Add tortilla strips and stir constantly until they brown slightly and start to crisp. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. To a large stock pot, add chicken stock, lime juice, tomatoes & juice, beans, onion, salt & pepper and heat to medium-high.
4. Sink chicken breasts into broth, cover, turn heat down to med-low an walk away (that’s the best part)!
5. Leave soup to simmer for 30 minutes. Remove chicken breasts to a cutting board. Pull chicken apart with 2 forks into bite sized pieces. Return to soup.
6. Serve topped with tortilla strips and a dollop of sour cream!
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.