This is a very easy way to prepare a tasty Mexican dish. All the flavor of enchiladas without the hassle of prep. A favorite of my children and leftovers are tasty the next day and easily microwavable!
4 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Lawry’s Garlic Salt and Pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
6 ounces Shredded Cheddar Cheese
6 ounces Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
19 ounces La Victoria Chile Verde Enchilada Sauce
12 Corn Tortillas
Green Onions, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil.
3. Sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with seasoning to taste.
4. Brown chicken in olive oil. Cook 10 minutes. (chicken will cook more later)
5. Cut/Shred cooked chicken into small pieces, set aside in small bowl.
6. Combine shredded cheeses into a small bowl, set aside.
7. Empty enchilada sauce into large bowl, set aside.
8. Wrap tortillas in a moist paper towel and microwave for 1 minute to steam.
9. Dip one warm corn tortilla into the enchilada sauce, coat both sides.
10. Cover the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish with dipped tortillas (approx 4).
11. Layer in the shredded/diced chicken on top of the tortillas.
12. Layer in the cheeses on top of the chicken.
13. Repeat layering dipped tortillas, chicken and cheese until baking dish is full.
14. Finish with a layer of dipped tortillas topped with a layer of cheese.
15. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until cheese is melted.
16. Top with your choice of sour cream, guacamole, diced tomatoes and/or chopped green onions.