Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
Chickpea Buddha Bowl
This delicious vegan dish is perfect for when you don’t have much time. It can be ready in under 30 minutes and is a great way of using up veggies.
For this dish we’ve used a mix of carrots, onion, parsnips and brussel sprouts with chickpeas and quinoa, but other veggies you could try are: cauliflower, olives, tomatoes, sweet potato, spinach or kale.
85g/3oz red quinoa
235ml/8fl oz vegetable broth
1/2 red onion
40g/1.5oz carrots, cubed
40g/1.5oz parsnips, cubed
1 tsp. turmeric
1 x 425g/15oz can chickpeas
150g/5.5oz brussel sprouts
2 tsp. olive oil
For the dressing:
1/4 cup/2oz tahini
1 tbsp. maple syrup
2 tbsp. lemon juice
5 tbsp. hot water
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/390F.
2. Place the quinoa and vegetable broth in a saucepan, bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Place the red onion, brussel sprouts, carrots and parsnips on a baking tray, drizzle a little olive oil over them and bake for 10 minutes.
4. Drain the water from the can of chickpeas and pat them dry with kitchen towel pieces. Mix the chickpeas with the turmeric then add to a frying pan with 1 tsp. of olive oil. Fry over a medium heat for 8 minutes.
5. Peel the avocado then mash with a potato masher or food processor.
6. Mix together all the ingredients for the dressing except for the water. When everything is well combined add in the hot water, one tablespoon at a time, to thin the sauce.
7. Add everything to a bowl then serve with 1 tablespoon of dressing drizzled on top.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.