- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 tsp minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 oz smoked turkey sausage cut lengthwise in half, then sliced crosswise, 1/2 of 13-oz. pkg.
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14 1/2 oz), undrained
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp each chili powder and smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice uncooked
- 1 jar INSTANT POT Smoky Chipotle Sauce 15 oz
- SET SAUTÉ setting on INSTANT POT for 10 min. Add oil to pot; heat 2 min. Add peppers and onions; cook 2 min., stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 min.
- ADD chicken, sausage, tomatoes, chicken broth, wine and dry seasonings; stir. Bring just to boil, stirring frequently.
- ADD rice and sauce. DO NOT STIR. Use back of spoon to press rice into chicken mixture until completely covered. Close and lock lid. Turn Pressure Valve to Sealing position.
- COOK 10 min using MANUAL/HIGH PRESSURE COOK setting. When timer goes off, use Quick Pressure Release to release steam. Remove lid.
- STIR ingredients in pot. Cover loosely with lid, but do not lock lid. Let chicken mixture stand 5 min. before serving to allow sauce to thicken.
Sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro before serving.
Omit the wine, and increase the chicken broth to 2 cups.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 190 Calories, 6g Total Fat, 1.5g Saturated Fat, 50mg Cholesterol, 510mg Sodium, 18g Total Carbohydrate, 3g Dietary Fiber, 5g Total Sugars, 14g Protein, 0%DV Vitamin D, 2%DV Calcium, 20%DV Iron, 6%DV Potassium
Please use alcohol responsibly.