I twist on a classic: rich, creamy coconut milk panna cotta.
3 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
3 tablespoons cold water
1 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
1/2 cup whole milk
1/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
1/4 cup skyr vanilla yogurt
1 cup mixed berries, slightly smashed
1. In a small bowl add the gelatin and water, mix well and let sit for about 5 minutes. Set aside
2. STEP 2 In a medium size saucepan, add the coconut milk, milk, sugar, and shredded coconut, place over low heat and bring to a simmer, stirring as needed until all the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat, whisk in the vanilla, coconut extract and the gelatin mixture. Mix well to blend
3. Place a fine chinois strainer over a medium size mixing bowl and strain the pudding and discarding the solids. Whisk in the yogurt until smooth.
4. Divide the mixture among four (4-ounce) ramekins. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator and allow to set and chill for at least 3 hours.
5. To serve, slightly macerate the fresh berries by breaking them up with the back of a wooden spoon. Top each panna cotta with a scoop of berries and serve.
CWEB.com is not registered as an investment adviser with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Rather, CWEB.com relies upon the “publisher’s exclusion” from the definition of investment adviser as provided under Section 202(a)(11) of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and corresponding state securities laws.