Country Pork Skillet With Potatoes and Mushrooms
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
I love meals that come together in one skillet. This skillet contained creamy yukon gold potatoes, tender pork and mushrooms in an earthy herb sauce.
Be sure and use a wine you would drink when you’re making the sauce. Bad wine makes for a bad sauce!
1 pound boneless pork chops, cut into 1″ strips
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound yukon gold potatoes, small, quartered
2 large garlic cloves minced
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
4 ounces mushroom , sliced
2 tablespoons thyme, minced
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1/2 small onion, chopped
1. Put potatoes in a casserole dish, cover and cook on high in microwave for 8 minutes until just barely tender. You don’t want them too soft as you will continue to cook them in the skillet.
2. Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat with oil, add onions and saute for 3 – 4 minutes until softened. Add garlic, mushrooms, and potatoes. Saute 3 – 4 minutes.
3. Move potatoes and onions to the side of the skillet and add pork. Saute pork for 4 – 5 minutes.
4. Add chicken broth, wine, thyme, parsley and salt and pepper to your taste.
5. Saute 5 – 8 minutes until liquid is reduced by three quarters.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.