Country Style Steam Chicken
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
This Country Style Steam Chicken is one of my favourite dishes that I always eat with extra rice when my grandma cooked this for us when I was a little girl. It is a simple and delicious dish with the mixing of shredded cloud ears, sliced mushrooms, golden needle vegetable and bite sized chicken.
(A). 3 Chicken thighs or half chicken, about 600g (cut into bite size)
1 tbsp Light soya sauce
1 tbsp Ginger juice
1tbsp Cooking Chinese cooking wine (hua tiao chiew 花雕酒)
(B). 10g Cloud ear (rinse thoroughly and soak in hot water till soft, shredded)
15g Golden needle vegetable (soak in hot water for 15 minutes, remove the hard parts and tie a knot)
4-5 Shitake mushrooms – slice thinly
4 slices Ginger
1/2 tbsp Garlic – chopped
1/2 tbsp Oyster sauce
1 tbsp Dark soya sauce
1 tbsp Light soya sauce
1/2 tsp Sugar
2 tsp Sesame oil
1/2 tsp Chicken powder (with no MSG added)
3/4 tbsp Corn flour
5 tbsp Water
Mix all the seasoning in a bowl or cup
Marinate the above for few hours or overnight.
1. Fry (B) ~ Heat wok with some oil, fry ginger and garlic for a while and add in shredded cloud ear, golden needle vegetable and sliced mushrooms, stir fry ingredients well.
2. Lower heat and pour in seasoning sauce, mix well and off heat leave ingredients to cool.
3. Mix well (A) marinated chicken meat together with the (B) ingredients in a corningware square dish or large plate. Cover corningware square dish with aluminium foil and steam at high heat for 30 minutes. (covering with aluminium foil is to prevent water from getting into the chicken meat during steaming).
4. stir the chicken meat with a spoon after 15 minutes of steaming and continue to steam for another 15 minutes or till chicken meat is cooked.
5. Sprinkle some chopped spring onion when serve.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.