Crab and Shrimp Burgers With Garlic Grits Fries
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
We do a lot of talking about Southern foods. Maybe it’s because we miss them so! There’s something comforting and familiar with all of the foods we remember from our respective youths (even if that youth extended to our college years). We associate these foods with memories of family and friends on birthdays and holidays. No Thanksgiving or Christmas are complete without key dishes that only certain people are entrusted to make, and they know exactly who they are. One of the Southern dishes we’ve lamented the loss of would be shrimp and grits. It’s not a complicated meal, but it is full of complexity in its own right. A mouthwatering bowl of shrimp and grits will remind you of all that is good in the world, and you will be craving more. Oh yes, it is that serious, and you’ll see why.
1 1/2 cups large shrimp, cleaned, peeled and chopped
1 1/2 cups fresh crab meat
1 Zest and juice of lemon
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 jalapeno, deseeded and minced
1 medium onion, chopped
4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
cup panko crumbs
1 egg, lightly whisked
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
1/4 cup seafood seasoning (A good friend from New Orleans gifted us with River Road seasonings!)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, optional
1 cup grits
3 cups water
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Dried garlic (Amir had Garlic Gold Nuggets in the back of his pantry!)
2. In a large bowl, carefully mix all of the ingredients except the breadcrumbs, seafood seasoning and butter. Form into 8 patties and set on a baking sheet. Chill for an hour.
3. Once chilled, cover all sides of the patties with bread crumbs and lay on a separate baking sheet. Bake in an oven preheated to 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, flipping once.
4. If desired, top with a bit of butter and set the burgers onto a vegetable grill basket. Heat for 1-2 minutes on a preheated grill just for flavor and a little color. Serve on warm buns.
6. Cook the grits according to the package directions. Stir in the cheese and salt just before removing from heat.
7. Carefully pour the hot grits into a large, shallow plastic container. Allow the grits to cool down to room temperature. Cover, then chill overnight.
8. When ready, overturn the grits onto a large cutting board and cut into 1/2″ wide pieces. Lay them on a parchment paper covered baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 425 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until browned. Flip them once to brown all sides.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.