Creamy Chicken, Lime, And White Bean Chili
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
This is a cross between chicken tortilla soup and white bean chili and dished up in clay bowls that my dad used to serve up roasted oysters from the grill in 🙂 The white beans give your palate a sense of chili, while the spices and crushed tortilla chips offer a sense of chicken tortilla soup. The food, flavor, and alcohol pairing is oregano, cumin, coriander, and red pepper flakes, along with lime juice, and white wine, sweet onions in the mix, and topped off with a sprinkle of spring onions and lime tortilla chips.
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 cups chopped onion
pinch of salt
1/3 cup dry white wine (I used Folie a Deux Chardonnay)
juice from 1 lime
2 cups chicken stock (I used homemade)
1 10 ¾ ounce cream of celery soup
1 ½ cups chicken, chopped
1 – 4 ounce can green chilies
1 – 15 1/2 ounce cannelloni white kidney beans with juice
1/3 cup heavy cream
dollop of sour cream (optional)
spring onions for garnish
1. Heat oil over medium heat in a Dutch oven.
2. Add next 4 ingredients. Stir for about 30 seconds to release the fragrant oils. Keep stirring and be careful not to let them burn.
3. Toss in onion and sauté until tender and caramelized.
4. Pour in wine and deglaze pan for about 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Then chicken stock. If you’re using fresh and it’s been refrigerated or frozen it can take a few minutes to dissolve. If you’re using canned, just stir to heat through.
8. Bring to a boil and whisk to dissolve.
10. Add chicken, chilies, and beans.
11. Cook for about 20 minutes to heat and meld all of the flavors together.
12. Pour in the cream and continue cooking for about another 10 to 15 minutes to thicken.
13. Serve with sour cream, a bit of onions, and crumbled tortilla chips.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.