Crunchy Coconut Shrimp with Lime
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
Who doesn’t love coconut shrimp? They’re crunchy, sweet and savory all in one shrimp-sized package. And so versatile, they’re perfect as an appetizer, to top a green salad or as an entrée served with rice and stir-fried vegetables. Using natural coconut oil to quick-fry the coated shrimp enriches the coconutty goodness and ensures a crisp, crunchy outcome every time.Now, because you love shrimps and coconuts so much, we’ll introduce you to one flavorful recipe that makes use of both delicious ingredients. Warning, this tastes so good that you might end up asking for more. Here you go.
4 tablespoons Coco Treasure Unrefined Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
½ cup Panko bread crumbs
1 cup shredded coconut
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon chili powder
2 egg whites
1 lime cut into wedges
1 lb. large shrimp, deveined and peeled
1. In a shallow pan, mix the bread crumbs, shredded coconut, salt and chili pepper until ingredients are well incorporated.
2. Use a mixer to whip the egg whites into a soft meringue.
3. Dip shrimp into the egg mixture and then into the bread crumb mixture to coat. For best results, you should check if the shrimp is evenly coated with the egg before dipping into the bread crumb mixture.
4. Heat coconut oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Oil should be hot but not smoking. (After being breaded, the shrimp can hold several minutes while oil comes to temperature.)
5. Place shrimp into the skillet without crowding. Cook for approximately two minutes on each side or until the breading is golden and crispy.
6. Dress shrimp with a light squeeze of fresh lime juice and serve immediately.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.