Easier Than It Sounds Coq Au Vin
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
As the More is More Mom®, I’m all about……more good for the soul chicken dinners! It’s no big secret. I’m the first to admit it. I am in love with my propane fueled Weber Grill. We grill almost every night; whether there is sun, rain, snow or sleet. Just like the Postman delivers the mail. Conveniently, we have our grill positioned right out side our patio door. I’m able to slide it around, with the flick of a wrist, so I never actually have to go outside. Fire hazard, shmire hazard! It’s perfect!
Some nights, however, we crave that good, roasted in the oven, stick to your ribs kind of dinner. My Nick liked it so much he ate every last one of the carrots right out of the roasting pan (what chocoholic, junk food loving, teenager does that?)! Your family is going to love it too…..
4 pounds of chicken pieces with the skin (I used thighs and drumsticks and they were outstanding)
1 tablespoon Thyme
1 teaspoon course sea salt
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
4 tablespoons butter, 2 for the chicken and the other two for the veggies
1 tablespoon oil
1/4 cup shallot, finely chopped
4 leeks, finely chopped, white and light green parts only
1 pound of carrots, peeled and cut into 2- 3 ” pieces, slicing the thickest pieces in half or quarters. This should produce approximatel
1 cup of white wine
3 pounds of small, red potatoes, peeled and left whole
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350°
2. Arrange chicken on a board or platter and pat dry.
3. Sprinkle chicken with Thyme, salt and pepper
4. In a large pot, or oven proof skillet, which I happened to use, heat;. 5. Tbsp butter
7. Brown the chicken over medium-high heat, in two batches if necessary, for about 10 minutes per batch
8. Remove from the pan and place on a platter, to collect any juices
9. To the pan or skillet juices, add;
13. Sautee over medium-low heat, covered for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally
18. Bring to a boil, until the liquid is reduced by nearly half, for approximately 5 minutes
19. Cover the pot, and place in the oven, braising for 20-25
20. While the wine, chicken and carrots are boiling, place the potatoes in a large pan covered with cold water
21. Bring to a boil, reducing the heat to a simmer until fork tender, approximately 20-25 minutes
22. Strain, place back in the pot and sprinkle with parsley
24. In the meantime, remove the pan with the chicken from the oven
25. Place the chicken on a platter
26. Leave the carrots in the pan to cook a little longer
27. Add heavy cream and reduce to a simmer
28. Cover and cook for approximately 5-7 minutes
30. Add flour and stir until thick
31. Place a helping of chicken, carrots and potatoes on a plate and smother in sauce
32. Prepare to be warm, happy and comforted!
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.