Easy Cioppino for Two
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
Cioppino is a simple, flavorful seafood stew that comes together quickly without much fuss. This recipe calls for clams, mussels, shrimp, and halibut—all common ingredients in traditional cioppino. Other classic ingredients include crab, scallops, and cod. Choose your favorites for a delicious, light, and easy dinner.
Note: Littleneck clams have hard, thick shells that take longer to open than soft-shelled clams when cooked. Allow 8-10 minutes for these clams to open.
The recipe is easily doubled to serve four.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 shallot, chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1/2 14.5-oz. can of petite-diced tomatoes with juice
1 8-oz. bottle of clam juice
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tsp dried Italian herbs (such as oregano, basil, thyme, and roasemary)
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
freshly ground black pepper
6 littleneck clams
6 peeled, deveined medium shrimp
1/4 lb halibut, cut into bite-sized chunks
1. Heat a medium pot or deep skillet over medium-low heat and add the olive oil. Add the shallot and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, clam juice, wine, herbs, and pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper.
3. Cover and simmer slowly 30 minutes. (Decrease the heat if the stew begins to boil.)
4. Bring the stew to a simmer and add the clams. Cover and cook 6 minutes. Add the mussels and cook until the clams and mussels open, about 3 minutes.
5. Add the shrimp and halibut and cook until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. (Discard any shellfish that do not open.)
6. Divide the stew between 2 shallow bowls and serve with warm, crusty bread, if desired.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.