This pie was a signature recipe of my Grandmother Maria, today would be her birthday , so I decided to bake this pie for the first time in my life. I ate it hundreds of times, but never thought that this deliciousness is so simple to cook.
2 cups of flour
1 cup of sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon of sour cream or mayo
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of water
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 stick of butter.
1. I was baking this pie with cherries, so in my execution it’s sweet and sour shredded pie.
2. Sift flour, add 1 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of baking powder, mix everything very well.
3. Shred the butter and mix it with the flour-sugar-baking powder. In a separate bowl mix: egg yolk, 2 tablespoons of water, 1 tablespoon of sour cream (or mayo), add vanilla extract. Form a batter, split the batter in proportion 2/3 and 1/3. Put it in a fridge for 15-20 mins.
4. Preheat the stove to 350F,grease the baking dish, take the batter and spred 2/3 of batter over the baking dish. (as it’s very tender I was spreading it with my hands)
5. Filling: take the filling you are planning to use, I’m using cherries, spread over the batter and shred the1/3 of batter over the filling. (So your pie would look like a curly pie).
6. Bake the pie for 20-25 mins untli the crust is golden brown.
7. Enjoy! (I enjoyed it a lot)