Easy Shrimp Marinara
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
Pasta, my go to weeknight dinner when I have been running around all day or just have nothing planned. Pasta is one of those things that i’ve always always got stocked well in my pantry. Also almost always on hand is canned crushed tomatoes and a bag of frozen shrimp. This sauce is pretty simple and how I make my basic marinara. The sauce simmers away for a few hours if you have time, less if you are in a rush, then the shrimp are tossed right in there at the very last minute. They are cooked in just 6-8 minutes and dinner is ready to go. You can easily turn this is into a Shrimp Arrabiata (spicy tomato sauce) by adding in crushed red pepper flakes. Serve up a simple salad of baby arugula, tomatoes, dressed with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper… its delicious!!
2 lbs frozen peeled & deveined large shrimp, defrosted and pat dry
2- 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes
1 onion, small dice
8 garlic cloves, sliced
1-2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1. In a large pot, over low heat, add a few tablespoons of olive oil, the onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Sauté until just softened. If you are going for the spicy version, go ahead and add in the crushed red pepper flakes in now.
3. Add the crushed tomatoes into the pot as well as a couple handfuls of torn basil leaves.
4. Simmer for 3 hours. Taste for salt and pepper.
5. Right before you are ready to serve go ahead and add in the shrimp. Cook for 6-8 minutes, or just until the shrimp begin to curl and are a nice opaque white.
6. I served the shrimp over whole grain linguini, finished with some fresh cracked pepper and a drizzle of basil olive oil.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.