Eggplant & Butternut Squash Chicken Curry
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
This recipe was truly inspired by two lonely vegetables–butternut squash and eggplant. As they sat in the kitchen, uneaten, we figured there had to be a way to create something lovely with them. Unbeknownst to us, they work really well together with curry! You can definitely try shrimp instead of chicken or go meatless all together and perhaps use cubes of tofu.
1 butternut squash, peeled & cubed
1 eggplant, cubed
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 pound chicken breast, cubed
14 ounces coconut milk
1/2 cup plus ¼ cup water, divided
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons yellow curry powder
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
2 teaspoons hot chili sauce
1. Add vegetable oil to a hot pan. Slide in garlic. Once it sizzles, add chicken and cook halfway through, approximately 3-6 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, thoroughly mix coconut milk with fish sauce, hot chili sauce, 1/2 cup water, curry, cardamom, sugar and dried basil. Add to the chicken and garlic.
3. Immediately throw in the butternut squash and eggplant and simmer covered until veggies soften, approximately 7 -10 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, stir water into cornstarch and pour into curry mixture. Cook another 5-7 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Sauce will continue to thicken. Sprinkle with salt to taste before serving.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.