Eggplant, Pasta and Ricotta Salata
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
Eggplant, pasta, and Ricotta Salata. With the abundance of fresh summer tomatoes and eggplants, this recipe comes together well and the ricotta Salata just gives the final touch that will leave you wanting more.
Italy is rich in recipes. Each region has its own specialty and pride itself on the recipes that they are sharing with the world. Ricotta Salata is one of their specialty. An Italian cheese made from sheep milk. Milk richer on fat content and rich in protein. The milk which is pressed and salted is let to be rested for up to 90 days. The salt removes up to 50% of the water content, giving us a harder cheese that can be grated. A specialty of Southern Italy.
This recipe is super easy to make, just a few suggestions to ensure great success. while preparing it.
5 fresh tomatoes
5 small eggplants, cut into 1-inch dices
½ large onion finely chopped
1 pound penne or farfalle pasta
ricotta salata finely grated
1. In a large pot of boiling water add the tomatoes that you will have gently scored a X on the bottom and a fine line all around the middle. Blanch for a couple of minutes until you will see the skin pulling away from the tomato meat. Drain and rinse under cold water. Remove the skin and pass the tomatoes thru a food mill or crush with a potato masher. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat add the olive oil and cook the finely chopped onion until they become translucent.
3. Add the eggplant to the onion and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the tomato and some water (1/4 cup) to continue the cooking process. Season lightly with salt, very little.
4. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to packaging instruction and drain 2 minutes prior to being al dente. Reserve cooking water.
5. Add the pasta to the eggplant tomato sauce and coat well with the sauce Add some of the cooking water if too dry.
6. Serve the pasta into a bowl and sprinkle a generous amount of ricotta salata over it.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.