Enchilado De Camerones (Cuban Shrimp Stew)
Follow us on Google news for more updates and Recipe News
Enchilado de Camerones is a soulful seafood stew that originates from Cuba. Although I use shrimp, it can be made with any type of seafood – lobster and crab are common alternatives. The overall cooking process is pretty straightforward. First, you marinade the seafood. Then, you stew it in a spicy tomato based sauce brewed with beer and/or wine.
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tomatoes, diced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 cup dark beer
2 bay leaf
3 tablespoons parsley chopped
1 tablespoon oil
Salt and ground black pepper
1. In a bowl or Tupperware, combine the shrimp, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon of cumin with salt and pepper. Mix well and let sit for an hour in the refrigerator.
2. While the shrimp is marinating, heat the oil on medium heat.
3. Add the onions, bell peppers, garlic, and the rest of the cumin.
4. Cook until the onions soften, then raise the heat to high and stir in the tomato paste and tomatoes.
5. Cook for a minute to let the tomato paste and tomatoes mix. Then, stir in the wine or beer and bayleaf. (I went with dark beer.) Bring to a boil and let the sauce reduce and thicken a bit.
6. Stir in the shrimp and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the shrimp is firm and pink and the sauce is richly flavored.
7. If the sauce is too dry, add a little more wine or beer. Remove and discard the bay leaf. Season with salt, black pepper, and more cumin, if desired. Sprinkle the cilantro or parsley on top.
8. Serve! Rice or bread are great complements.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW.
This content is being provided to you for informational purposes only. The content has been prepared by third parties not affiliated with CWEB Inc, a business. This content and any information contained therein, does not constitute a recommendation by CWEB to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument referenced in the content. This information neither is, nor should be construed as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. CWEB Inc. does not offer or provide any opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any investment decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
Unless stated otherwise, the web content provided by the CWEB family of companies is for educational purposes only. The information and tools provided neither are, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates. Unless stated otherwise, no information presented constitutes a recommendation by CWEB Inc. or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy.