If you’re looking for healthy ingredients to add to your diet, salmon should top the list. The health benefits of salmon are vast, not to mention the fish is delicious, easy to cook and so versatile. This baked herb garlic butter salmon recipe will be on repeat after one bite.
Start by making a compound butter by stirring together the softened butter, chopped fresh parsley, orange juice, garlic and whole peppercorns. You can also add some Parmesan cheese now, if desired. The salmon fillets are seasoned with salt and pepper and then slathered with the flavored butter. Bake the fish for about 15 minutes and dinner is done.
The orange juice in the butter adds a touch of citrus, while the whole peppercorns add flecks of spiciness. You could omit the peppercorns if you don’t want a spicy bite to the salmon. (Read about the health benefits of black pepper.) The butter melts into the fish making it super moist and succulent.
Serve these moist, tasty salmon fillets with your favorite side dishes. We like broccolini, asparagus, brussels sprouts, carrots, green peas, roasted potatoes or quinoa. This recipe could easily be cut in half for dinner for two.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 pounds salmon fillets
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley (or whatever fresh herbs you have)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- In a bowl, stir together the butter, parsley, peppercorns, orange juice, garlic and Parmesan, if using.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and put them onto a parchment paper-covered baking sheet. Spread the butter mixture evenly over all the fillets.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.